Shelbourne have announced the signing of Michael Duffy from Mervue United, while Paul Andrews has left the club to join Drogheda United.
Striker Michael Duffy joined Mervue United in July 2013 from Mayo League side Ballina Town, having previously represented the Mayo League in the 2013 EA Sports League Cup. Duffy made his Mervue United debut in a 2-1 win over Galway rivals Salthill Devon. He scored his first Mervue goal in a 4-0 win over Finn Harps.
Meanwhile, heading north to County Louth is 23 year old defender Paul Andrews. Andrews began his career with Drogheda United before being offered a sports scholarship in the United States in 2008. Andrews returned to Ireland last summer and signed for Shelbourne until the end of the 2013 campaign.
Speaking on joining Drogheda United, Andrews said:
"I am delighted to be re-joining Drogheda United after a five year spell over in America. I know what a great club it is first hand and after speaking with Robbie and hearing his plans I am very excited for the season ahead."
