Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Blues Add Two

Waterford United have announced the signings of Brian Nolan from Wexford Youths and Thomas Whitty from Tramore.

Midfielder Brian Nolan started his career with Waterford's U20 side in 2010, progressing to play for the senior side in 2011. He joined Wexford Youths in 2012 and has played with them for the past two seasons. He had been playing with Bohemians in the Waterford Junior League during the off season.

Thomas Whitty joins the club from Tramore AFC, also of the Waterford Junior League. The 20 year old defender has spent the past two seasons at Tramore. Whitty played for Waterford previously with the U19 side 2 years ago.

On joining Waterford, Whitty said:

“I’m delighted to be back with the Blues. I really enjoyed being with the U19s and hoped I’d get a chance with the first team. I’ve been playing with Tramore for two seasons and I have enjoyed that, but I cant wait to get back with Waterford United."

These two new additions brings the total number of new signings at Waterford United to 7 and the squad for the 2014 season to 17.